Some intranet software has a special section with information on how to carry out key processes within the organization. This helps employees find exactly what they need to do to complete both simple and complicated tasks. Note that there may be some overlap between task information and content in your HR section or documents in the policies area of your intranet.
Task areas frequently:
- Use a consistent format for the content
- Use simple and straightforward language
- Divide tasks into simple steps
- Link to appropriate systems
- Have a nominated owner of each page who’s responsible for keeping content up to date
Creating task pages may need some investment in time, but can really drive efficiency and reduce frustration for employees.